Hello everyone! I have been recovering from my wine tasting adventure, “Divino Tuscany 2012″, that my dear friend Stephanie and I had the wonderful pleasure of attending in May. Literally a wine tasting tour – the tour confined us to the best wine and food in Tuscany and a visit with the Ferragamo’s and Sting and Trudy! Pitiful, huh? Since returning home I have been swamped with busy work around the house and work with clients. There are many pics to go through and a lot of writing, with my busy schedule I have been slow to get my posts up – so here is the next of several continuing reports on the trip. But first, I am introducing the new online photo album, the first from the trip, titled Divino Tuscany at my LensQueen site, these are selected pics from the tour events. I have more albums in the works that I will be getting posted later this week to LensQueen.com – including all the Paparazzi of the tour gang and friends we met along the way, AND the long awaited for pics of Sting and Trudy at their estate at Il Palagio!
This post is focused on my favorite places we visited on the tour and how you can experience them, their addresses and websites/phone numbers. If you are planning to visit Florence or Rome, you will want to check out some of these destinations.
Here are a few of my favorite places to check out in Florence:
- Grand Hotel Villa Cora – wonderful!!! Stay if you can, or have breakfast or brunch by the pool. Be sure to ask for “Ruben” a must! Tell him the two blondes from Divino Tuscany send their love! Be prepared to sit and drink wine and relax [www.villacora.it]
- Palazzo Corsini – have dinner here if possible, historic, beautiful, magical, elegant! [palazzocorsini.it]
- The Savoy Hotel Bar – after a day of shopping this is the place to stop for the best Mojitos in Florence and the snack plates are exquisite!
- Golden View bistro – they have live Jazz, check their schedule – in town. The food and wine is great and the atmosphere is very hip. [Via Del Bardi 58r Ponte Vecchio, Firenze – goldenviewopenbar.com]
- Il Borro – Salvatore Ferragamo’s winery – fabulous! if you have an afternoon to drive into Tuscany and spend the day, you can also rent a villa there [ilborro.com – 52024 San Giustino Valdarno – Arezzo, Italy – +39 055 977053]
- Salvatore Ferragamo Boutique (only one of it’s kind in the world) in the same building as their store. The boutique is in the shoe museum and has limited edition numbered shoes that Salvatore designed for glamorous Hollywood – ask to see the special shoe closet with the replica’s in it – you can buy them! But I warn you it is dangerous! You or your girlfriend could buy a pair of the famous Marilyn Monroe pumps, which by the way, look timeless and sexy on anyone! [Museo Salvatore Ferragamo at Piazza di Santa Trinita 5]
- La Bussola Pizzeria – great food and wine, very cool staff. Located in the main cathedral area. Go shopping then stop in for wine and pizza, you will feel like a local [labussolafirenze.it – Via Porta Rossa 58/R – Piazza Davanzati 3/R]
- Restorante Borgo San Jacopo – owned by the Ferragamo family and in the Lungarno Suites (great place on the Arno River www. lungarnoecollection.com) – excellent food and wine and beautiful view of Florence from the River [Borgo San Jacopo, 14]
- Michelangelo’s David – be sure to see “him” at the Galleria Dell ‘Accademia [via Ricasoli 60] – don’t stop at the replica’s in the square, continue and make the walk to the museum to see this amazing work of art!
Rome (we were only there one day /night but were totally impressed with what we were able to experience):
- Hotel Hassler – best view ever of the city! Great room, impeccable service, and OMG the most fabulous shoe store! [Piazza Trinita dei Monti, 6 00187 Roma +39 06 699340 www. hotelhasslerroma.com] – if you stay there ask for a private guided tour of the Vatican, it was an amazing experience and the only way to go.
- Sapore di Marea – great restaurant in Rome, came highly recommended and we were not disappointed, excellent seafood and wine. Do a later reservation when the people are there so you can people watch. [Saporedimarearoma.it – Via del Pie di Marmo, 36 – 00186 Roma, Italy – +39 06 678 09 68]